Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm a Curmudgeon

Sometimes I get fed up with stupidity.

Oh, who am I trying to kid? ALL the time, I get fed up with stupidity.

People, as a general rule, are stupid. Oh, you can find intelligent people who have thought things through, who have developed a system based on principles. But they're rare.

(They're certainly not in government. The government rules by reaction. They do not legislate according to principle. If anyone in government ever comes up with a winning combination of principled legislation and reduction in costs for consumers and business, he or she will be immediately recruited away from his or her government role into private industry. The people who work in government, by and large, are following instructions created by reactionary legislation. They are not making positive change. And they lose money. Your money.)

Taxes, up. Spending, up. Entitlement programs, up. My take home pay: down. Do I have a say in this? Hell no. The government comes along with their reactionary legislation saying that someone else has a right to money I have earned. The consequence, MY consequence of that right, is that the government takes money I have earned and they give it to someone else.

Actually, I mis-spoke earlier. I do have a say; it's called voting. I vote for the people who advocate the lowest possible interference by government, the lowest possible tax, the fewest unions, the lowest social (i.e., entitlement) programs. Is that you? You're on my radar as someone to vote into office.

And, if that is you, you can kiss re-election hopes good-bye. (But at least you can make some progress toward reducing the size of government during your one term.) Let me know what you plan to accomplish during your only term in office.


No comments: