Thursday, May 22, 2008

Contract Update

Well, here we are about halfway through the six-month contract at Aviva Life Insurance and Annuity in Des Moines. Seems to me like I've been able to get a lot done in the first three months, but there certainly is lots left to do!

Not sure what the company's plan is for this position: don't know if they're going to bring me on full time or extend the contract, or if they'll decide they can get along without a Change Manager - or with me.

For my part, I hope they decide the role is required and that I'm fulfilling it well - I think I am doing fairly well in it, and I'm learning a ton!

The downside, of course, is the commute - driving down here Sunday night, sleeping alone in the apartment each night, driving back Thursday night and working from home Friday after work is starting to take a toll on me. Mostly because I lose essentially two evenings a week due to the 7-hr round trip.

The iPod is invaluable to the commute - updating it on iTunes, then plugging it into the car-charger/FM transmitter to listen to podcasts and music over an unused FM frequency seems essential to my well-being and all-around sanity. Katy suggested I use her iPod, but then it would be out of her hands the whole time I'm in DSM. And then I received one of my own in a manner I would never have imagined.

More later - I have a great post on organizing the home!

TTFN

No comments: